Finding the Source of your Challenges – Empowering You to Resolve Them
Dr. Carolyn Messere brings a unique perspective and extensive experience base for helping people.
Her focus is reviewing people’s situations from a clinical standpoint, helping them find the core causes of issues, and applying natural solutions they can use to help resolve things.
Beginning her career as a colorectal surgeon, Dr. Messere often found people’s issues – such as chronic pelvic pain – weren’t solved by surgery alone. Looking for better ways to help her patients, over the years she studied many different approaches. These include both traditional and integrative medicine, as well as alternative therapies.
Over time she developed a holistic approach to helping people discover and address the core causes of their issues. Her methodology looks at their medical history while taking into account many other factors that are often overlooked by other doctors. The goal is to create a natural approach that works directly on the cause of the problem. Then develop a plan that empowers you to take charge of your own health.
Dr. Messere has worked with the hi® massage system since 2018 and has an extensive understanding of how it can be used for a variety of health and wellness applications. She also developed the “Freedom from Pelvic Pain” program with Steve McGough, DHS.
Dr. Messere’s personal note:
When I started out in medicine, I thought the only way I could make a difference for people was to get an MD, train in something practical and set up a practice. So that’s what I did. I became a colon and rectal surgeon because it felt like the best way for me to help people.
It didn’t take long, though, for me to discover that I was very limited in my ability to actually make a difference for people. For people who just needed surgery – remove the problem and move on – it was great.
But so many people came to me who had ongoing, annoying problems that threatened their everyday enjoyment of life. Constipation, irritable bowel, pelvic pain, bloating, low energy, food intolerances.
I did my best, but I was so limited in what I could do for them because I was a specialist. And I was a surgeon, so it was expected that I would spend my day either scheduling people for surgery or performing surgery.
After almost 10 years of doing that, I knew I wanted to make a change. I wanted to escape the “fix your symptoms, not your real problem” way of practicing medicine.
I studied functional medicine. And I embraced a holistic approach to health – getting down to the root cause of issues like irritable bowel syndrome, hormonal imbalances, low energy, and irritability.
- Bachelor of Science, Management Information Systems, University of Rhode Island, 1985
- MD, University of Massachusetts Medical School, 1999
- General Surgery Residency, Baystate Medical Center, 2004
- Colon and Rectal Surgery Residency, Carle Medical Foundation, 2005
- Board certified in General Surgery 2005
- Board certified in Colon and Rectal Surgery 2008
- Certified Law of Attraction Coach, Quantum Success Coaching Academy, 2013
- Certified Reiki Master/Teacher, Usui Reiki, Quantum Edge Healing Institute, 2014
- Chi Nei Tsang level I, White Cloud Institute, 2014
- Tok Sen introductory course, White Cloud Institute, 2014
- Graduate, Digestive Intensive, Functional Nutrition Labs, 2018
- Certified Desire Factor Coach, 2021